:: meniu ::
:: advice ::
For a better display please use Firefox in stead of Internet Explorer, which is not compatible with font embeding and css! Also, linux user must install Verdana and Georgia fonts.
The village of Calapodesti (by its old name, Vultureni) is part of the Dealu Morii Comune, from the district of Bacau. Geographically, the village and commune are located in the Moldavian Plateau, on the central-western Tutova hills, on both sides of the Berheci river. The distance from Bacau is 65km, almost the same from Tecuci and about 35km from Adjud.
The center of Calapodesti village in located on the eastern slope of the river Berheci, on the left side of Bacau-Podu Turcului rute 241A. The begining of Vultureni (now Calapodesti) is placed in the fifteenth century, when a soldier of Stephen the Great, named Eagle sits on these lands ith the consent of the ruler and set up a village of free men, yeomen. Occupation of the people has always been agriculture and livestock, and some crafts. Over time, the village has seen various forms of development, being the center of the commune.
In the emergence and development of any human community, because of life circumstances, various spiritual manifestations are bound to arise. In the actual hearth of the village, except where it is now the church, there were two more places recognized and accepted for where churches have been built. The first was built in the south of the village and was probably destroyed by Turkish-Tatar invaders. The second church is attested by the existence of a high cross in the 1940s. The church was built of oak and covered with shingles, later. The building was heavily damaged by an earthquake in 1793. Although it was in an advanced state of degradation, it was maintained until the early years of the twentieth century. During 1772-1773 nine priests served, aided by five hermits.
The current church, dedicated, like the ones before it, to the Holy Archangels Michael and Gabriel, was inaugurated in 1804. Between 1950-1952, the church was renovated and strengthened, largely repainted.
In 1816, in the village church, received baptism Alexandru (Alexander) Luchian, later monk Antipa. St. Antipa from Calapodeşti appears in the orthodox calendar on 10 January. He is the son of George Constantin Luchian (deacon in the church of the village) and Ecaterina Manase (later a nun under the name Elizabeth). At age of 20, he leaves the village visiting several monasteries, and then goes to Mount Athos. Leaving Mount Athos in 1860 and eventually reaching the Valaam Monastery in Russia, he remains there until the end of life, January 10, 1882. In 1906, St. Antipa is mentioned among the saints, and in 1992 is recognized as a saint of the Romanian Orthodox Church.
In 1997, after a new renovation and repainting, we founded a monastery in memory and honor of "Saint Pious Antipa". The monastery is inhabited by monks, who initially lived in a house near the church. The following year we began building a body of cells and annexes, with the help of sponsors and local residents.
On January 10, 2006, when we celebrated 100 years of the canonization of the saint, it was a Mass celebrated by His Grace Joachim Bacauanu, Vicar Bishop of the Archdiocese of Roman and Bacau, acompanied by a group of priests and deacons and the local community officials and many parishioners in the village or surrounding villages.
After Mass, it tooked place the installation ceremony of the new abbot of the monastery, Father Pahomie (Pachomius) Parfene. Also, this has been the frst celebration of our patron saint, that happens every year, on 10 January.
On June 25, 2006, with the blessing and participation of His Hollines Joachim Bacauanu, bishop of the Archdiocese of Roman and Bacau, surrounded by a large group of priests and deacons, officials and parishioners in the area and its surroundings, we put in place the cornerstone of the new church dedicated Pious Antipa and All The Romanian All Saints.
On this occasion, it was reprinted the second edition of the life and akathist of St. Antipa, being agreed that each year on the Sunday of All Romanian Saints will take place the second celebration of the patron saints of the monastery (all the romanian saints). There were printed icons dedicated to the saint in three sizes, are spread to the faithful, as blessing.
In autumn 2006 starts the new church site, that is digging the foundation and pouring concrete. During teh same year, work continued with the constructions and small upgradings of the complex.
On January 10, 2007, the bishop Joachim is present at our feast, and bsides him, many priests and deacons.
In the same year work continued on the new church; started and completed the work of the water supply for the monastery. We also made some improvements to the complex, the most important is the main heating boiler (on wood).
In 2008, during the summer feast dedicated to All Romanian Saints, was placed prominently, to the worship of believers, the cross of St. Antipa (monk's cross), brought to these lands around 1950 by a group of Russian monks of the Monastery of Valaam. Recovered by Father Pachomius, abbot of the monastery, the cross was restored and covered in silver, with the support of a group of believers from Bucharest.
Dedication service was held in the new summer Shrine, built in the monastery and was consecrated with this occasion.
During 2008 work continued on the new church, but not only. We also surrounded the property with fences and a gate.
The year 2009 began, as always, with the feast in honor of St. Antipa, Holy Mass is celebrated with the participation of 21 priests and 2 deacons and many believers in the area. On this occasion, were reprinted St. Antipa's life and akathist and his icon. Once the time allowed, continued work on the new church...
Summer feast, All Romanian Saints was held on 21th of June. As usual, many clerics and hundreds of parishoners. It was officiated the service of consecration of the summer kitchen and refectory. Construction, made of wood, was equipped with everything needed.
The old Church enjoyed some repairs, replacing windows and doors changing old furniture.
The year 2010 began with the 10th of january feast. We enjoyed the presence of our bishop. Nothing worthly to remember this year, usual things.
We continued work on the new church andyou can check the photo gallery for pictures.
Currently, in the middle of 2011, we put a cross on the main dome, will cover the church, but work progress is small and difficult due to lack of money. Living on donations and sponsorship, with allmost no income the monastery has a rather difficult life, especially in the current context of world "crisis".
Tropar, gl. 5
Peste pământ arcuindu-te ca un curcubeu, ai ajuns din Sfântul Munte în Athosul de la miazănoapte, Valaam. O, Sfinte Părinte Antipa, mult lăudatule, asemenea mult minunaţilor bătrâni ai Moldovei te-ai făcut; şi acum, locuind în slava cerescului Valaam, roagă-L pe Hristos Dumnezeul nostru să ne povăţuiască pe calea îngerească.
Icoana Maicii Domnului, găsită de Cuviosul Antipa, de care se face pomenire în viaţa lui.
Condacul, gl. 4
Din frământătura ostenelilor înmuiate cu lacrimile milostivirii tale, ai dospit rugăciunea cea mult roditoare, Părintele nostru Antipa. Adu-ţi aminte şi de neamul nostru din care ai odrăslit, Preafericite, şi ocroteşte patria ta cu mijlocirile tale către Dumnezeu, ca să-ţi cântăm ţie: Bucură-te, odraslă a Moldovei, iubitorule de pustnicie.
Pentru Sinaxarul complet, sau pentru a citi Evanghelia şi Apostolul zilei, daţi click aici.